SIEC now offers professional development designed to take place within your school. Content is determined and along with administrators, a schedule is developed, and the work begins. In this way, groups of teachers can be rotated throughout the day.
- SAVE schools on substitutes and mileage
- ALL teachers are receiving the same content.
- WORK IS LONG TERM and in keeping with best practice in professional development.
- IT OCCURS OVER INTERMITTENT DAYS allowing teachers time to process, implement, and come back to the next session to refine.
- SUPPORT IS PROVIDED BY THE PRESENTER/FACILITATOR throughout the timeframe of the initiative.
BEST OF ALL…
All onsite professional development is done in the context of professional learning communities, teaching and utilizing skills of this research proven best practice and employs a gradual release plan ensuring that the professional development is indeed embedded, systemic, and will continue to thrive.
Please see below for our current offerings.